Wednesday 24 January 2018

Sprite Alpine - Tour

Here is our currently un-named Sprite Alpine, we are not sure yet how old she is as we are getting conflicting information! 
She could be a 1955 or 66 model. We are hoping to find a plate on her somewhere....

We are getting lots of ideas for names, so am thinking of running a naming comp when she is finished! 

Make sure you have checked out my blog and video about bring her home - click here.


She had sat for about 20 years. She towed home perfect, even through snow!!


First job was to clean the outside. I was so impressed with the product I used - click here for my review of this caravan cleaner.


She looks so much better after just one quick wash! 


She was re-sprayed at some point to this light blue.

Am not sure if the blue will stay as she will need to be re-painted at some point. (I know a few of my followers are loving the blue, so you have a while to convince me!)

This little adorable caravan, is very, very damp, puddles of water, the smell of damp and rot is quite overwhelming. She amazingly has her gas lights, with glass, mattresses and loads and loads of stuff in her! I think in a way its more scary than when we brought home Daisy (click here to read all about our 1969 Bluebird, Daisy) I know what am getting my self into this time, that's both empowering and scary! 

Am also very excited. Even though she is smaller than Daisy, I really like the lay out and feel of her. 

I will keep you posted on how I get on! 
Thank you so much to the lovely gentleman who passed on this little gem to us! 


Here is a tour of our new project - 





No comments:

Post a Comment