Monday 8 January 2018

3 go exploring


Review of the Lord Pulett Arms


One of our last outings of 2017, was for my Granny's birthday. I was a little worried as my husband was going to be working that day and the thought of my busy 3 mini people in a pub......was not my idea of fun.....I didn't need to worry! Such a beauitful pub inside and out. 
A lovely friendly welcome, helpful staff and heavenly food.
They had sorted us a part meat eater, part vegan and vegetation menu to pick from. As we where a mix of vegans, veggies and meat eaters, there a huge group of us! 




I had from the vegan menu:



Heritage Beets
for my starter



When it arrived I was a little disappointed as it looked tiny....It was amazing, the tastes where just glorious! It made up for being small by being so very yummy. I wasn't left feeling hungry. 


Pecan and Parsnip Risotto
for my main


Wow, again when it arrived I was a bit unimpressed by the of it. My goodness, it was beauitful. A taste of parsnip through it and I loved it! 


It looked like a small amount, but it was packed full of flavor and filling! Delicious! 


Roasted Apples
for pudding


Yummy! The first two dishes where amazing and this dish was not as amazing. Still yummy, and good but not in the same league as the first two. 


As it was my Granny's birthday and we was a big group of us - my mother made one dairy cake and I made a dairy free vegan cake (Click here for my mega easy vegan cake.)



Before we headed back to the car (please note their car park is tiny, and I will park on the road when I go again) for the very long drive home, I took the mini people to the garden.


Even though it was December, it was a really warm day. A run around just in two layers was perfect after being in a warm cozy pub. The garden was beauitful, they could have stayed there for hours very happily. 

There where different levels, and you could tell it would be even more beauitful in summer. The mini people loved running around and investigating the garden. It was lots of fun to explore with them, so much so, I filmed them running about and looking for things with wonder! 




I was shocked at not only what a beautiful little pub this was but how amazing the food was. Its always scary being told, yes we can do vegan but to have done it so well was amazing! We all had a wonderful time and am making sure we go there again!! 






No comments:

Post a Comment