Saturday 3 September 2016

Morning Dumplings

They are a bit of a cross between a Welsh Cake and Pancake. 

I've been making quite thick pancakes for a while now, and I love dumplings. So here are my Pancake Dumplings, I can't think of a good name, Morning Dumplings is about as good as I could think of!



Ingredients:

1x banana 
Self Raising Flour
Hand full of raisins
Half a hand full of dried apricots, sliced and diced 
Soya milk (I used +1 as was cooking for the childern too)




Now, am terrible at just throwing in the ingredients and not paying much mind to how much has gone in. I would say 2-3 cups of flour and add milk till it starts to clump together but is still very sticky. (I will make them again soon and see how much I use!)



I just used a fork to mix it.



Pop some flour on the board or side.


Mix, like you would bread. 


It's very quick or you can get the kids to help! ;) then roll into a log about 2-3 intches wide. 


Pull apart into equal sized potions, and roll into a dumpling and flatten.


Then fry, on a medium to hot pan. In a fair amount of oil. About a mm deep, they will sock it up, so you may need to add more for each batch. Wipe off any oil.


Pile them high to keep warm while you are cooking batches. 


Golden syrup or a light sprinkling of icing sugar!

No comments:

Post a Comment