Sunday 28 August 2016

Baby Cheese

So when I posted this on a vegan forum the reponce was quite intense. 

From people loving it, to people shocked and a little horrified. So if the thought of anything made from natural mummy milk, worries you - click next...

Ingredients:

6oc milk (I used frozen)
3 teaspoons coconut oil
2 teaspoons tapioca starch
1/4 teaspoon sea salt

This makes a very creamy spreadable cream cheese. 


Blend it all together.


Then in a small pan, heat on low, until it starts to thicken. 


Keep staring with a plastic or woodern spoon. Once thicken and bubbling cook for about 2-3mins. Then transfer to a glass container. 


Pop in the fridge until firm. It stays like a cream cheese. 


It makes a very creamy cheese, not fully set. Here is where I got the idea from; https://avocadosandales.com/2015/07/10/the-cheese/ I forgot one of the ingredients which I think would make it set harder. So next time I will try it differently. I've tried a tiny bit and it tastes like very creamy coconut cheese! I will let you know what the baby thinks! 




I think I will lower the amount of salt in it, as the next day it was very salty! Baby loved it though! 


No comments:

Post a Comment