Sunday 4 September 2016

Lovely Buns

It's been ages since I've made any bread without using my bread mashine. So I've been buying buns and rolls. Today I wanted to make some burgers for lunch and didn't have any buns.....well I don't think I will be buying any again as these where amazing!!!



Ingredients:

2-3x cups of strong bread flour (extra for sprinkling)
2x teaspoons of yeast
200ml of warm water 
soya milk -a big splash (about 2 tablespoons) 
1-2 tablespoons of sesame seeds and chia seeds
1x table spoon of oil 
Dairy free spreadable butter or oil


First the flour and chia seeds. I mix with a fork. Add the milk and about 1-2 teaspoons of oil. Adding the warm water slowly and mixing as you add. (I will try and do a video of this as its hard to get photos.) You want a very sticky, wet dough. Then remove from the bowl and place on a floured surface.


Spinkle flour around the bowl. (This is so the dough won't stick when you return it to the bowl.) Kneed the dough and round off into a big ball, place back into the bowl. 


Cover with a teatowel and put somewhere warm till it doubles in size. (I put it on top of the slow cooker as it was already on.)


 When it's doubled in size, take it out onto a floured surface. Kneed it for about 10 mins. It will go down quite a lot as you have knocked out the air.


Then return to the bowl, cover and put somewhere warm, until it doubles back up again. 


Roll it out till its about 4 inches wide. 


Pull into equal sized lumps.


Roll into round balls, which you have flattened a little. Place on a floured baking tray. 


Mix a little spreadable butter with the sesame seeds and then spread onto the balls.


Then pop in the oven on at least 200c until golden brown. I turned it up a little as lunch was ready.


It really was quick to do, it only took about 15-20mins to double in size and I made them while cooking dinner and putting on a slow cooked curry for dinner. 


I knocked their bottoms and they where perfect as sounded hollow. 


I cut them while they where still warm and had a little of the butter left over so spread it on! 


They tasted amazing!!


Perfect for sandwiches or burgers! 


I served with lettuce, vegan sliced cheese, pre-made vegan burgers and home made potato wedges (homemade breadcrumbs and black pepper sprinkled onto them before cooking-yummy!)

Everyone wanted more, they where yummy!! 

1 comment: