Wednesday 20 January 2016

Sweet Potato Chips

I love making my own chips, so easy and quick. Here's how to make my sweet chip:

You will need a large tin type (not glass or ceramic) oven tray.

Sweet potatoes. (I used about 4-5 for two of us, bare in mind we could eat these all day this is a large serving.) 

Sesame seeds.

Sunflower seeds.

Pepper, Rosemary and Thyme. (You can add some sea salt but only 1-2 pinches. You can also add breadcrumbs too.) 

And oil, I mostly use vegetable oil.  

Peel and cut all your sweet potatoes into chip shapes, to about the same thickness. (I will try and film my self doing this as people are always asking how I do it.)


Pop them in your large baking tray. You can pre-heat if you like. 

Sprinkle over oil, and all the extras- pepper, Rosemary, Thyme and seeds. 


Pop in the oven, I cook on 200 (my oven runs quite cold, I think this is due to me opening it a lot. So you may like to cook at 190c.) Cook till cooked through and going a little black at some ends. About 30-40mins. Remember to shake and mix about half way through. 


Perfect with most things, tonight it's with pie! 



They are soft and squidgy, with a crip, yum.

X

No comments:

Post a Comment