Tuesday 5 January 2016

Slow Cooked Plum Chutney


Being a family of 5, budget is always on my mind when shopping. 




There where loads of plums down to 20p each, soon as I saw them I thought of chutney. I haven't ever made or tasted plum chutney, but I like the sound of it.


Ingredients;

Plums 
Apples 
500ml white wine vinegar
450g sugar
4 tablespoons of sultanas

(I added a few sprigs of fresh time.)


I always keep some vinegar to hand, make my own too. 



With slow cooker up high, add vinegar plums, sugar. 



Apples also on sale :) 


Add apples.


Add santanas.


Mix and add thyme. 

It's on now, so will update with how it comes out. 

Update:


Over night on low, there is lots of water still so now on high to burn it off! I kept it on a little longer and blended it up a little.

Update: 


I got fed up of waiting and popped it on the hob for a bit till started to thicken.


On the rack cooling off, just labels to go. Will know in a month if it's any good. 


I love turning an old reused jar into something pretty. It's easy to come up with a cute label or tag. This is the design I made for the Christmas jars I made. 
Loved how easy the labels where so I've kept making them.   


X

No comments:

Post a Comment