Saturday 19 November 2016

Homemade Christmas

Tips and tricks for a thrifty Christmas!

Christmas can be the most expense time of the year, with a little planning it can be a beautiful homemade budget occasion.

The best gifts are homemade gifts, spending time and making something with love is worth more than all the money is the world, right!? I love making things for people, it's extra joy when they love something you have made. Back in October I started making things for Christmas. The more of a head start you get, the more things you can fit in. My food baskets went down so well last Christmas, I've already had empty baskets back asking me to re-fil for this Christmas! Last year I made jams, jellies and chutneys. I made about 31 jars in total. Not only for gifts but for us to use though the year too! 


I love these homemade sacks, one for each of our three children. They look fab under the tree! We also use them when we are going to see family over Christmas, they work so well to put all the gifts in and bring home things too.  


Make your own plate for Santa, you may have seen lots of drawn plates to leave our for Father Christmas. If your going to make your own, make sure you use oil based Sharpies (this way it should stay on when washing.) I just used a plain plate, with home made reindeer food. So easy to make, (use edible glitter, if your going to be sprinkling it on your lawn) and porridge oats.

Our mini people have fairy doors in their rooms, so keep an eye out for how to make them and all the fun things we will be doing in December! 


I will be adding to this blog so keep an eye out! How to make the perfect Christmas Eve box, and lots of home made gift ideas!






No comments:

Post a Comment