Monday 24 June 2019

Adventures

My caravan adventures



A festival weekend 
Our very first adventure was too a family festival, set in woodlands. 
From building fires to make and cook our own bread, to leaf beating. 
Magical, relaxing, the children and us, loved it! We had got Daisy to a safe and fingers crossed water tight state in just 8 weeks.

Into The Wild 





A show 
Daisy's second adventure and was our first show.
We showed off just how far she had come in such a small amount of time.  





Family holiday

Our first family holiday as a family of five! 
Back to my homeland for Daisy's third time out. 
The beautiful, rolling beaches of Gower are unlike any, 
in any place I have seen in the world. 
Truly relaxing.

Gower






The largest Retro show

We were very proud that Daisy was on display. Its was a lot of work to be 'show ready' around three busy mini people but it was worth it.






Camping with friends

We had the most wonderful camping trip, with a huge amazing group of people. Beautiful place, campfires and such good friends to share it with.





New Years Eve

We where in the caravan for New Years Eve, our first time winter camping. 
I had been really worried about camping in the colder months and had never seen us wanting to be in the caravan in the winter. Well I have changed my mind and am sure we will be doing a lot more of it!





Camping on a mini farm

Daisy is almost finished for her first club rally of the year, quiz's, ducks, rain and wind. We all had loads of fun!!

Fairfields Farm






Relaxed weekend

Such a beautiful relaxing site, amazing walks and very chilled out weekend!






WW2 show

Amazing show, with fly overs, living WW2 history, caravans, cars, tearooms, swing dancing, amazing! 






Steam Rally

Wow, what an amazing show! So much packed in and a really relaxed vibe! 

Weald of Kent Steam Rally 






Back to Retro Fest

Our second time going to the Retro Fest and this time child-free!

Retro Festival 2017






Island Life


Beautiful, relaxed, calm weekend away! Our last holiday in Daisy. 


Hayling Island




Keep an eye out for more adventurers in 2018 coming soon....Well we are truly into 2018 and now have two caravans which both need lots of work! Wish me luck! 



Well my next adventure wasn't until early summer 2018! So what happened? We got a 1966 Sprite Alpine, and then sold Daisy. That left us without a usable caravan. Desperate to get away and a caravan to do up....my marriage hit the rocks, or at least I worked out it had been there for a very long time and in May my husband walked out. By that point I had at last found my dream caravan, the perfect family size...I ended up broke, with two unusable caravans and on my own with three minis. All wanting to get away. The last thing I was up for was building, so Stanley just sat unloved. Bring home Margo gave me a new lease of life and I got on with the huge job of getting her useable. Soon as she was useable and off the drive I could get back on with Stanley. As Margo would need to go to storage due to her size! 



Tichfield Abbey


My first adventure of 2018 was in a new to me van, Margo, with a car who had never towed before, a van which hadn't been towed in over 20yrs and me, who had only towed once before! Now a single caravaner with my three minis, I picked a quiet local rally while the minis where at their dads so I could get used to it. 

A lot of babycham was drunk! Click here to read all about my first weekend away in Margo!






Retro Festival 

Margo and Ditto (my 1985 Volvo 240) first show! The fabulous Retro Fest! Meeting up with a few old friends and meeting some lovely new ones too. Lots of dancing and wondering around. 


My next outing in Margo was for the amazing Retro Festival. Click here to read all about my vintage weekend and Margo's first show!







First trip with the minis on my own! 

I was so worried about this trip, but knew once I had done it I wouldn't be so worried again. There where moments when it was hard, with over sleepy small people but the moments of pour joy far out weighed them! 

A 1985 volvo, 1960's caravan, 3 small people and me! Click here to see my first trip away solo with my three amazing small people.


No comments:

Post a Comment