Monday 17 June 2019

TourerFest

Last year I was meant to go to TourerFest, but my husband had not long walked out and everything was up in the air so I couldn't afford to go :( 

This year though I made it!! 


TourerFest 2019


With a 1985 Volvo, 1967 Sprite, 3 kids and a puppy!!


 It was my first outing since last year, and boy does Margo need some work! Poor thing has been stuck in the storage yard which is near on impossible to work on her there. My personal life has been nuts the last few months, I had no idea how much brain space my divorce has been taking up. Stepping back in Margo (my 1967 Sprite Major) is like a weight lifts from me, its hard to explain but I just relax. Taking three children and a puppy away with a 1980's car and 1960's caravan could feel pretty stressful but they all behaved really well! Margo has lots of new leaks, and needs lots of love, Ditto (my 1985 Volvo 240) has just had a new clutch and running perfect, towing is like a breeze and makes it pretty easy to relax while driving a big rig! By modern sizes a 16ft caravan is pretty small, but am only 5.2 and the car is about the same size, so it can feel like a pretty long rig to be towing on my own. Am lucky my children are great in the car and I just pass back pre-made snacks to them, when we got on site I let them have their iPads while I set up. Which doesn't take long and means I can relax doing it, not just panicking about where the children or puppy have run off too! It was Diesels first time away in the caravan and he loved it! 





Diesel was fab! He loved it!



I have quite a bit of vintage/retro camping things but one of my fav is this little fold away table! It was a gift and I love it. The can't bet pancakes in the caravan - click here for my easy way of making caravan pancakes!





She is perfect, all the minis and my self, had really missed being away in the caravan. They loved the little playground on site and spent most of their time there or learning on their bikes. When my husband left me, I made it one of my goals to get the kids on bikes. 



I was so PROUD watching them ride up and down, pushing them selfs to learn, getting better and better at it. Isn't this what childhood should be about. Riding bikes around a campsite! I was over the moon, They had a little space to ride up and down, so I could sit at the van and watch, lending a hand every now and again. Yes all the bikes are retro ;)


My oldest is the most unsure on a bike, but he was going for it, so proud!! 



This is my fav, a 1970's one, I love it and nick it off the kids loads ;) lols

Just being in the caravan chills me out, seeing how happy my children are is just so wonderful. The site was lovely, all the staff friendly and helpful! Loo block was great and the little playground was pretty good too. 

It was great to meet lots of people who follow me online and sorry i couldn't stop and chat later or hang out more with people but my minis needed me.



We now all have a blanket each, which I love when camping. The bottom one in this photo is my Great Uncles blanket from the 70's. Its really thick so its perfect as a big outdoor blanket. It was great to pop a big box of lego on, which both children and adults loved ;)

Chilling out in the van, is so relaxing! 



Full video coming soon....




Loved, our first trip put and can't wait to get working back on Margo soon!! (Yep, check out my old school towing mirrors, oddly the only ones which work as well with my car!)

HUGE thank you to everyone who made TourerFest 2019 so great, loved getting to meet so many people in 'real life' and very much looking forward to next year!!

















No comments:

Post a Comment