Tuesday 18 April 2017

Lego Birthday Cake

Its become a family tradition that I make all the kids Birthday Cakes! We haven't brought them, so it does mean they are not always perfect! 

Its Bear's 5th birthday and he didn't know it, but we where taking them all to Legoland for it.........So it had to be a Lego cake! 


Here is Bear's VEGAN birthday cake! 




Now you can make some amazing Vegan cakes, this was a little cheat as it was such a crazy busy weekend. Easter and his birthday! You replace the eggs and milk with one can of pop! Ok its a bit of a sugar fest but its a treat they only have at birthdays ;) 




I baked one large thinner cake, and one smaller taller one. 




Then using the bottom of the cake tin, I cut out a small part of the larger cake.




So the smaller one would sit in the larger and become one large cake! 




Another cheat......It is vegan but it does have palm oil in it, so I wouldn't use this alot! 




I didn't have a board to fit them on, so covered a baking tray in tinfoil! 

In order for the Lego to sit on top, the best thing is to pop the iced cake in the fridge. This will will make the icing hard. 




Now for the topper!!! I must say I had fun, building his name out of Lego blocked then adding little Lego people on top! 




I loved how it came out, and not only was it YUMMY and VEGAN but he LOVED IT!!




Am very exited to eat some of the left overs today, yum yum! For the first time ever they had cake for breakfast as this cake was waiting for them downstairs, then we where straight off to LEGOLAND! They had no idea they where going! 




I will be adding my review of Legoland, so bookmark and I will update with a link to the review. 









No comments:

Post a Comment