Friday 25 March 2016

Vegan Cottage Pie

I had been really craving a simple cottage pie, with green veg and mash. I haven't cooked one since we became vegan, so thought I would just make it up as I went along. I didn't think it would turn out all that great, so didnt pay much attention to what I was doing or take photos! Well it was blinking amazing, hubby and I both had seconds. I will have to come back to this when I make it again and add photos and more information!

Ingredients;

White potatoes (about 4 mid to large)
Parsnips (2-3 large)
Soya mince
1x table spoon of mustard
Soya cream
Dairy free butter
2x carrots
2x red onions
1x Apple
1-2 celery sticks
6-7 white mushrooms
1x spring onion
1x green pepper 
Gravy powder
Breadcrumbs 

Herbs; thyme, rosemary, black pepper
Seeds; chia seeds, sesame seeds, I used two others I need to check what they where!!

Ok, so not 100% sure what I did but something like this...

Chop and peel the potatoes and parsnips. Boil until ready to mash. 

While they are boiling, chop up mega small the: onions, mushrooms, spring onions, celery and pepper, fry up till starting to brown. Add the carrot and mince. (Follow its intructions.) add lots of black pepper, Rosemary and thyme. 

Then add one serving of gravy. Once brought up to a quiet boil, spoon out into a deep oven dish. Add to the top, the chopped up Apple.

Mash the potatoes and parsnips. Mix in a table spoon of butter, the soya cream and mustard. Spoon over the mince, make sure there's no gaps. 

To the top cover with breadcrumbs and seeds. I cooked it in the oven on 100 for about 40mins to an hour. Not sure on timings, just cook till starting to brown on top. Serve with fresh green veg! Yum! 




No comments:

Post a Comment