Tuesday 20 December 2016

Rustic Ale Pie


I've been working on my pies in time for Christmas. I used to make a beef and ale pie and wondered if I could reproduce it with mushrooms! It was yummy!!

Ingredients:

1x red onion
1x spring onion
half a stick of celery
half a bottle of new castle brown ale (I have double checked Newcastle Brown Ale and a tiny amount of fish is used in the process of making it. In just over a year I've not made many mistakes! More information here http://www.barnivore.com/beer/43/newcastle-brown-ale Lots of other ales to pick from)
Mushroom
Spring Onion
Half a red pepper




Fry the onions and celery.


Add the pepper and herbs to your taste. (I added rosemary and black pepper.)



Chop up mushroom, coat in a small amount of oil and then cover in flour.



Add mushrooms, to the onions.


Once they are starting to brown, add the Ale.


Bring to a rolling boil.




Reduce down, make the pastry or use pre-made puff pastry.







I used cookie cutters to make little crowns, the kids love this! Bear held up the crown on the top of his head and sung 'am the kind of the castle.)

No comments:

Post a Comment