Monday 12 March 2018

Shampoo Bar

Am currently trying to reduce the amount of plastic we use so I wanted to try one of these Shampoo Bars....We really don't use much shampoo as am not a fan of over washing all the goodness out of hair but am hooked to these bars now WOW!! 

I went for the Vegan Shampoo Bar from Lush. 

Soak and Float 'a no-nonsense shampoo bar. Cade oil is derived from juniper and has long been used to treat psoriasis, sans ruff and eczema. Rose and marigold petals calm things down and soothe redness. All good things to help soothe scalps.'


So how do you use it?? All the instructions are printed on the mineable paper packaging. It was so much easier than I thought it would be and I was so impressed with how much it frothed up. You can use it in two ways, work in your hands for a moment with a little water or to wet hair with a little water on the bar work the bar its self into your hair. Make sure you put it somewhere it can dry out without getting stuck. An old school soap holder would be perfect. 

It really cleans my hair without stripping all the goodness. I didn't even need to add a conditioner to my dried bleached ends! Beautifully soft, an amazing shine. WOW am not going back to a bottle thats for sure!! 

Now I have used their henna (look out for my review) to colour my hair am going to buy one of their copper bars ;) 

So cost? It was 6.50, when compared to more expensive shampoos it was about the same price. Not using shampoo much its a very long time since I have spent that sort of money on a shampoo but it really was worth it. There is something magic about knowing there was nothing hasty going on my skin, in the water or a big plastic bottle to throw in the bin! 

I highly recommend trying out one of these bars. It took me a minute of worrying if I would get on with using it but after that first use I knew I wouldn't be going back! 

Also what I really like about the Lush website, is that it shows you all their reviews for each product, so you don't have to just take my word for it. 

I brought my bar in store and they where helpful at showing me the Vegan bars and talking through how to use it. (I brought my henna online and I wasn't disappointed by their customer service.)

No, they haven't paid or sent me free products for this blog. Go buy some and try it, I bet you will be impressed!! (Feel free though Lush to send me more of these amazing bars! Lol)





Image taken from Lush's website with permission to use for this article. 



No comments:

Post a Comment