Monday 18 December 2017

A little look back over 2017

We will soon be welcoming in 2018, so here is a little look back over our year. 


Click above to watch my look back on youtube


Its been a busy year, from painting Daisy, to buying Ditto! 2017 has been full of caravan adventurers, sanding and painting Daisy, touring other vintage caravans and getting out and about with our little people.


Here are our trips away:
Click the links for the blog and video.


We started the new year, in Daisy.


If you had told me a few years ago that I would be spending New Years in a caravan, I would have laughed in your face!! It was wonderful, safe and snug in the caravan and waking up to a crisp morning - Click here to read all about it.


Daisy looked very different for her first outing of the year!

 

It was a great weekend, spent wondering about after ducks, trying out our new awning and hanging together as a family - Click here to read all about it.




This was by far one of my favorite trips of 2017.


An outdoor movie night, long walks, craft and pour family relax time. It was wonderful and we have made this a must go back to site, even though the hill was pretty scary to get back up! - Click here to read all about it




Our first show of the year!


It was wonderful to show off Daisy being so close to being finished and knowing how hard we have worked on getting her to this position! This event made me feel pretty emotional, when walking through the reenactments. - Click here to read all about it




Our second show of the year.


This event blow me away with how much there was to see and do. It was non stop but still had time to stop and chat to people looking around Daisy. I cant wait for next years!! - Click here to read all about it




Our first brake away just the two of us.


One of the highlights was Retro Fest, our first adult only brake away in Daisy. We where relaxed, had a whole conversation with other adults, drank warm coffee and eat all our meals without sharing! 
It was a much needed few days away but we really did notice how much we missed our loud little people and saw a huge difference to how much we got into a weekend without them. Not much! We mostly just hung about, I filmed way less and we didn't see as much as didn't have little people to entertain. It was still a lovely, relaxing trip away - Click here to read all about it.




A perfect relaxed few days.


I was a little worried as this weekend hubby was going to be away most of the time. But I even had a warm coffee and a chat with friends as the mini people where kept very busy playing out in the field next to Daisy with friends. This weekend was the most time they have spent watching the ipad as with just one of me for the day time there where moments when I needed them more contained! We will be returning to this fab relaxed little site again - Click here to read about it




Doing up Daisy:

The early part of the year was manly taken up with doing the next round of works on Daisy.


It was a huge job and took way longer than I thought it was going too.......BUT it was worth it!! A few people told me if they hadn't seen me working on her they would have thought it was a different van! - Click here to see more



Caravan Tours

2017 saw me off checking out other peoples vintage caravans, I love seeing what other people have done and cant wait to film more in 2018! 


This beauitful little Sprite 400 was my first tour of 2017 - click here to read all about her and take the tour




Retro Car

Dreams really do come true! 


2017 saw us getting my dream car to tow Daisy with! I still have a huge smile on my face about our Volvo, she is so fun to drive and will make a perfect tow car - Click here to read all about Ditto




Days out

We went on lots of days out over 2017, from beach days to Legoland.


We had a great time at Legoland! If we can afford it we would love to go again in 2018. - Click here to read all about it and my tips




Reviews

I was sent a few products to try and 2017, and had lots of fun filming them! 


There will be lots more reviews for 2018! - Click here to read more about the products am currently reviewing


I would like to thank the following people:




Thank you so much Dan for talking about my channel on your 'Sharing the love' video. I was blown away!! 





Thank you so much Andrew for mentioning my channel and huge congratulations on hitting 10,000 subscribers!! (Hes way over that now!) Still getting over my little channel being talked on two big channels I look up too! 

If your not following Andrew and Dan, make sure you click the links on their names above! 





Thank you so much Iain! Very proud to have been mentioned in this video about his top 10 up and coming YouTube channels. Make sure you check out his family trips and reviews by clicking the link above! 


I want to say a HUGE thank you to all the people to take time out of their day to read my blog or watch my YouTube Channel 

Each person who subs to my channel means so much to me! 

Thank you to all the people who have messaged, emailed and tweeted to say how much my blogs or advice have helped them. 


Here is my little thank you video :)


From my family to yours, happy Christmas and have a wonderful New Year. Keep your eyes out as am sure we can fit in one more adventure before the year is out ;)

Alice xx

No comments:

Post a Comment