Monday 2 October 2017

The Oven, Hayling Island

Beautiful Hayling Island

Down on the south coast of England, is this well known holiday destination. Generations having been coming down to Hayling Island for their summer holidays. Known for its campsites, and beaches. The home of windsurfing, close to Portsmouth and Chichester. It makes for a perfect spot for heading out to see the sights! 

I was a little worried about this weekend, as it was going to be close to wear we live and my husband had to work.......Three mini people, mostly on my own. 


Happy birthday pops, got your *new* bike done up just in time!

I shouldn't have worried, it was one of the most relaxing weekends I have had away in Daisy. (Click here to read all about our 1969 Bluebird caravan called Daisy.) We camped with the Retro Caravan Club and the people we camped with where so wonderful. One towing Daisy out of the mud for me, our car just doesn't have the power! Helping to hitch her on and even my lovely friend James followed me home to help get her back on our drive. The mini people made such a good friends with three wonderful girls, who they played for hours with, football, British Bull dog, to the campsites little play park, off on walks around the rally field. I can't remember the last time, I sat with a coffee and chatted to such lovely people, while watching my children play in the field like that! It really did feel like we had gone away on holiday with family! 

Being without hubby in the day, we didn't explore Hayling, and just relaxed in the beautiful rally field. 





Playing in the *light rain, running around a field, exploring, riding bikes, last weekend was what really family holidays are made off!


Thank you to everyone who helped me this weekend, had such a lovely time and cant wait to go away with you all again soon!




The Oven was fab, lovely warm shower, beauitful rally Field and such lovely staff!!

Wanna stay at The Oven click here for more info : Hayling Campsites



No comments:

Post a Comment