Thursday 10 August 2017

Weald of Kent Steam Rally


Wow, this was unlike any other event we have showed our caravan at before! 



Showing Daisy around our three young minis, can be very hard work. Setting up, and showing a van, is not a relaxing holiday. The caravan needs to be show ready, and its nice to be able to talk to people about her. Not a relaxed, still not put the bed away, craft stuff everywhere sort of deal....

So this means when we are showing Daisy, its an extra stress for hubby and I to keep her looking 'show.'

Having said that, showing our caravan means we get to go to some amazing events, and a steam rally in Kent wasn't what I thought would be the high light of our year......


but boy was I wrong. It was amazing, a crazy English summer style, from blazing sun to massive down pour. We got the chance to go to this amazing event. 


Our location was fab, with planes taking off just next to us, this event was huge. Vintage cars, steam engines, fair, tanks, planes and caravans. There was so much to see and do!  


We love being away in our little vintage caravan, snug as little bugs. Thank goodness for dim-out fabric in the curtain lining! 


She is really coming together for shows now, well just for using her - everything in this photo is used! This is my Nana's 1960's table cloth, our 1970's cool box found on ebay and works so well all weekend. 
Our beauitful J&G Meakin 'Poppy' set of coffee pot and cups, from my Great Uncle. My amazing find of the 1950's picnic set, click here to find out about our picnic set. The 1960/70's bedding was my Nana's and the fabric for the curtains was found in a loft having being brought in Africa in the 70's!


Some of the best things where the free things, like when our Bear went running up to this guy - He was amazing and let them ride on the back while we walked along next to them. The minis thought it was the best thing ever! 


At last I have started to type up some proper information about Daisy for shows.


Can we all just take a moment to note, how wonderful my husband is and how well he knows me - Check out these guys!!! Flipping love them!! 


I think Daisy looked pretty good! She got lots of attention all weekend!


People loved my kitchen herb garden. They are just racks from Ikea! Perfect when am cooking in Daisy, Thyme, Rosemary, Mint, Chives and Lavender. 


My 1950 light shades and homemade holders look pretty good, if I do say so my self. Just the beds to cover next, even though they are retro 1960/70's sheets they are not in keeping with her colours. 


The area for the rally was huge and there was lots of space to have a picnic or let the minis run off some Energy! 


Truly beautiful sunset right over our caravans. 


Every event we have been too so far this year, its been someones birthday. So I made some more yummy cakes! (Most where eaten by people visiting Daisy!)


Even though these events are harder with mini people, they are worth it!! 


I love to cook in Daisy, on her 1960's hob!! I need to work on her oven more though, a job for another day! 


We had an amazing time, well done to the people running this event. Its on our list for next year, people jumping out of planes, tanks, fair, goodness just too much to list!! It was wonderful, a proper family day out and for us, an amazing event to show at! 





1 comment:

  1. Wonderful stuff. Yes, I know it's not easy being 'on display' all the time but it sounds like you had a great time.

    ReplyDelete