Tuesday 29 December 2015

Welcome to the Seaside Housewife's blog.

Welcome!

First you have to know, am not what you would call a 'good' housewife, my poor husband is often running around trying to find a sock....or climbing over a huge pile of washing to get into the sitting room.


I have the image of a 1950's perfect housewife in my head, dressed, make-up on and children playing quietly in a beautiful clean and tidy house. 
Then I remind my self that my house is chaos, children running a muck, and am still in my pjs......I thought I would share the few tips which help me to get a good homemade meal on the table.


We are a family of 5, living on the southcoast of England. We have three mini people under the age of 6.

One of the biggest thing we have done, is to changing our diet. Am of Italian, Scottish and Welsh descent, with a bit of everything else mixed in and this has always reflected in my cooking.

You would say am one of those 'fed you up Italian cooks!'

The dishes I was know for was Lemon Chicken, (Roasted in lemons and wine) so to now be heading down the path of becoming vegan it's a huge change for us!

I have my whole life been a meat eater, humans are meat eaters, but not the crazy amount we consume. The meat Industry is responsible for the biggest cause of environmental damage, we need to make a change if our planet is going to be around to feed our children, let alone our children's children.

This is before we take into account how we treat animals, the affects to our Heath as well. We started on our Journey in Sep 2015, our children sleep better (cows milk is full of 'wake up your hungry' hormones, antibiotics and is highly addictive) I have more energy and feel so much better that am no longer standing by and letting such terrifying atrocities happen for me to eat. Having breastfed my babies I can't look at cows breast milk in the same way again, we don't need it, it's made for baby cows not humans. 

Being a young family, we always have to think about our budget. That and am a hoarder and love anything homemade or passed down. My 3yr old Bear is currently tearing past me pushing my old wooden walker, 30 odd years and three crazy kids crashing it into the wall etc...it's doing well. (I lucky had my Grandpa on hand to fix it once too.) 

So I will be sharing some homemade tips, from making your own jams, making the odd thing and up cycling your hand-me-downs.

Also, there is Daisy. Our 1969 Bluebird Caravan. When we brought her, she was full of rot, dirt and holes.....

So if retro/vintage, food and tips is your bag, your in the right place!

Seaside Housewife x



You can subscribe to my YOUTUBE channel for videos mostly about our 1969 Bluebird caravan!

Follow on FACEBOOK for updates on my blog, meals and all sorts!

 For lovely photos of vans, jams and food check out my INSTAGRAM account!

For tweets about busy mini people, vegan yummy food, coffee and vintage stuff follow on TWITTER

If you love to pin, follow me on PINTEREST








No comments:

Post a Comment