Wednesday 24 February 2016

Renovating a Retro/Vintage Caravan- Blast from the past


Doing up Daisy!

Thanks to the RCC I have now got lots of photos of what she used to look like.


I love these family photos, of our van in use. I can't wait to recreate these with my family.

About Daisy, she's a 1968 Bluebird Europe. 

The Bluebird Europe was launched in 1963/4 and ran until 1971 when Caravans International (Ci) dropped the Bluebird name and renamed the Europe the Europa. This lasted until the early 1980's and was relaunched by Swift in 1991 and the Europa name carries on to this day, now under the Sterling badge.

I don't know anything about Daisy her self, the lovely owners we brought her from had brought her to do up. I was very lucky that they sold her to me, they have many vans on the go and going to see there barn *aladins cave of wonder and amazement* was a real treat! 

The person they had brought her from had started to strip her, it's a shame not to have seen her original cushions and curtains. As we may have been able to save them. It would have been lovely to have heard all her owner story's of their travels and adventures in her. 

Owning such an old van is such a special feeling, more than just owning her but making sure she is around for future generations. I hope we do her proud. 

So, I have to update this. It looks like Daisy is not a mk3! She is a mk4, not a huge change but it does mean she's not a 1968 model but 1969!! 


While resealing the awning rail I found this......very clearly she's a mk4! 

So she's a 1969 Bluebird Europe Three mk4! 


Just like this one, she looks very different now! 


1 comment:

  1. Very efficiently written information, your services blog is really useful. Thanks for the nice articles for more details please visit: Camping Caravans Melbourne

    ReplyDelete